Monday, August 24, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELISSA!!




Ok, I (Greg) know by posting this next picture it's going to start a birthday blog war, and I can't imagine what picture Melissa is going to post of me for my next birthday... Who knows. My birthday is in February so hopefully she'll forget by then! Here's a little bit about Melissa.

For years, Melissa hated me. I don't really know why, but she did. She blamed her crashing her car on me. Of course, I did miss the bus that day, and she wasn't going to school that day... but I wasn't behind the wheel was I? It's okay though, I won her Counting Crows tickets and she eventually forgave me. She even got a BRAND NEW JEEP out of the whole thing. I still don't understand how she was the only sibling to get a new car out of my dad...

Like I said we hated each other... I mean... she hated me... so much so, that we couldn't go on shopping trips together without making sure the other knew "this is my trip with mom... so I get the front both ways."

One thing we had in common was that we both hated going to school, and both loved watching Days Of Our Lives while staying home from school. BUT, we couldn't both be home from school at the same time and watch Days of Our Lives, without Melissa being pissed.

Melissa use to hate when Johnny and I would watch out the window and yell out "HEY MELISSA!!" as she was being dropped of by dates.

Whats really funny, is one day, Melissa and I became best friends. I don't know why, but I don't care. I think it was because when we were both living in Utah, and my mom wasn't around, we had nothing to fight over. No trips with mom, no days off school to spend with mom, no mom to watch Days of Our Lives with. So my only guess is mom was the one that turned us against each other. JUST KIDDING MOM! (I know you're going to read this and freak out!)

Anyways, I know this is getting long, but I just want to let Melissa know how much it means to me that her and I became friends. If I ever have a problem or need someone to talk to she is always there. I'm so glad that we had the chance to live together while away from home, because if we didn't, who knows she may have never forgiven me for the car she crashed!

I hope you have an awesome birthday Melissa!


3 Comments {Click here}:

Melissa said...

THIS WAS AWESOME! And, Greg - just so you know, I don't think I'm waiting until your BDAY to continue this war...it's ON!

THank you for this....except maybe the picture - the story behind this one is priceless. Perhaps I should blog about that!

the old guy said...

Nice work Greg! This should be fun to watch. (And let me know if you need any more sibling pictures!) I think I remember that picture, but can't figure out where it was taken. Can you help?

mom said...

Upset? How can I possibly be upset that you both thought I was so awesome that you fought over spending time with me. I fail to see the fascination...but what the hay...sometimes you just have to roll with it.

I remember telling Melissa not to tell her friends she'd rather stay home in case I went somewhere than to go out with them. She wasn't even suppose to like me, much less DO things with me. The "it's my trip with mom" wars were outrageous. The problem could always be attributed to the fact that you two both had middle child syndrome.

The pic was taken at Denise Shieve's house.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...