Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Thanks HONEY!

You may remember a post I wrote awhile back, around April I think.  Anyway it was about Greg's new hobby - Beekeeping.  We weren't real sure how they would do with us being away at camp and all, but they did AWESOME!!! The hive grew, they stayed healthy, and produced a ton of honey for their first year!

Greg super proud of his hive :)

This is one of 10 things of honey and comb we harvested.  There is honey on both sides :)

After de-capping the comb. You can see the honey much better now.

We harvested at least 3 gallons of honey!
This honey is the sweetest stuff I've ever had.  I literally eat it by the spoonfuls while sitting at my desk :)


We filled 36 bottles, and have enough honey to fill at least 20 more!

Since these pictures, Greg has put labels on them.  If you are interested in any let Greg know - I think it's $3.00 a bottle.

0 Comments {Click here}:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...